Within an ancient rainforest, step into the cool, crystal-clear water and drift with the current as you explore life under the water’s surface. Watch fish dart in and around the river stones and keep your eyes out for the occasional turtle.
This family friendly tour is the perfect way to stay cool in the hot tropics. A great introduction to snorkelling before heading out to the reefs. Small children (and adults) can journey down the river on large river sleds.
An amazing eco-immersion adventure that’s different every time!
Availability & Bookings
A rainforest expierience like no other!
Real life Avatar
You’ll feel a million miles away, surrounded by lush green rainforest and crystal-clear water.
Float along with the current as you search for turtles, fish, and the occasional Platypus!
Under the rainforest canopy
Your reward at the end is to lay back and let the world drift by. The ferns passing by overhead, will soothe your soul.
River Snorkelling Requirements
Our tour is suitable for all ages and swimming abilities when the river is calm and relaxing (most of the year).
With faster, more exciting conditions, ideal for strong swimmers.
- Not suitable for guests with limited mobility
- Must be able to walk over uneven surfaces
- You may need to climb over tree roots to exit the river
- Not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
- Max wetsuit size 3XL, max shoe size US 13
- Max weight limit is 120kg/265lb*
*This is due to the weight limit for our River Sleds*
- We highly recommend having your own travel insurance
- All participants are required to complete a medical questionnaire and liability release form
- Return transfers from:
Palm Cove/Port Douglas/ Mossman
- Wetsuit, boots & snorkel mask
- Prescription masks (limited)
- Safety equipment & River Sled
- Safety trained river guide
- Small groups – maximum 10
What to bring
- Wear swimmers under your clothes
- Dry clothes and a towel
- Go-pros and waterproof cameras are more than welcome
- Phones can be stowed in our waterproof bag
- Daily medication
- Prescription glasses with case
Leave all valuables and jewellery at your accomodation
Tours depart daily
8.30am – return 1.00pm
9.00am – return 12.30pm
2.00pm – return 5.30pm*
*peak times only
Mossman pickup at 9.20am & 2.20pm
Port Douglas pickup at 9.05am & 2.05pm
Children love this tour, however please note the below requirements:
- Minimum age is 3 years*
- Child age is 3-14 inclusive
- All children 3-8 must wear a PFD/Lifejacket (provided)
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Car seats available free of charge in tour vehicle, for children under 7
*We are always happy to advise if conditions are suitable for small children. During heavy rain, our river might not be suitable, due ot the speed of the water. If we deem the conditions unsafe for small children, we will either move your booking to another day, or provide a refund
For safety reasons, some medical conditions, disabilities or impairments may exclude participants from our River Drift Snorkelling tour.
If our guides deem it unsafe for you to participate, you will not be able to participate.
If you have any concerns, please contact us before booking, as refunds are not garanteed and at the discretion of Back Country Bliss management.
Prior to entering the river are, you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and sign our liability waiver.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How cold is the water?
The water temperature varies between 16-22C (60-71F) year round. We provide an extra thermal layer during winter, gloves are also available to use.
How long does the tour go for?
We aim to spend up to 2 hours in the river, but this can vary based on group size. Smaller groups may finish earlier, based on reduced time taken for pickups/getting ready.
Can I meet you at the river?
Due to limited parking and a different finish location, we can’t meet you at the river. The closest place to meet us is in Mossman, 5 minutes away. This is a great place to meet us if you are planning to visit Mossman Gorge in the afternoon, or continue north towards the Daintree.
Do we still run the tour if it is raining?
Do I need to call to confirm my booking?
Do I need my voucher?
If the tour has been booked through a travel desk/Travel agent, please bring your voucher along with you to give to the guide.
Can I be a spectator?
- Cancellations outside of 72 hours from departure — no charge.
- Cancellations within 48-72 hours before departure — 50% charge.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before departure, or no show — 100% cancellation fee applies.
- Date changes are free of charge, but must be received by email or phone, 48 hours prior to tour departure.
- All changes are subject to availability and made at the discretion of the operator.
Booking Terms & Conditions
By booking a River Drift Snorkelling tour, you agree to be bound by our “Booking Terms and Conditions” and “Medical Waiver”.
- Minimum age of participation is 3 years old*
- Family rate is based on 2 x adults + 2 x children (3-14)
- Maximum participant weight is 120kgs/265lb
- As this tour is weather dependent, it may be cancelled in conditions of heavy rainfall or extreme weather. If this occurs, bookings can be placed on another date or full refunds will be provided.
- If you are not waiting at your pick-up point at the date and time specified in your booking, then you will forfeit 100% of the total price paid. At the discretion of Back Country Bliss Adventures, you may be able to reschedule for another day with an added rescheduling fee.
- A medical declaration form must be completed. Any serious medical condition or history may disallow you from participating in the tour.
- If your guide determines it is unsafe for you to participate; due to no swimming ability or insufficient level of mobility and/or fitness, participant/s will have to leave the tour and forfeit 100% of total price paid.
- Prices listed on the website supersede all previously advertised prices. Prices valid until 31/3/2021
Full terms and conditions can be found HERE
Don't Miss Out!
+61 (07) 4099 3677