Mossman Gorge Explorer
$105 Adult | $85 Child (3-14)| $350 Family of 4 (2A+2C)
12:50pm Palm Cove
1.30pm Port Douglas
Max 12 guests
Mossman Gorge is like no other place on Earth. Set within World Heritage-listed Daintree National Park and surrounded by lush green rainforest, the crystal- clear water in the Mossman River is perfect for enjoying a refreshing swim.
This small group, family friendly tour, provides a great opportunity to experience the wild side of ancient Australia! An easy paced walk across elevated boardwalks, suspension bridge and flat dirt tracks, provides access to this breathtaking rainforest. Giant strangler figs tower above as you stroll along the 2 km Rainforest Circuit track, with morning tea and optional swim at a secluded waterhole.
Giant Strangler Figs
As you explore Mossman Gorge, stand in awe beneath these giants of the rainforest. Your guide will teach you all about their unique lifecycle.
View from above
It’s hard to beat this view! As you walk along an elevated boardwalk, take in the sights of the rainforest below.
A very common sight at the main swimming hole at Mossman Gorge, the Australian Brush-turkey’s are always wandering around.
Safe Refreshing Water
Enjoy a refreshing swim in paradise! The perfect location for an afternoon snack, as you bliss out besides this beautiful waterhole.
Surrounded by lush green rainforest, your guided walk takes you through some of the most stunning parts of the Daintree National Park.
Dragons are real!
Keep on the lookout for the Boyd’s Forest Dragon. Learn about these wonderful creatures found nowhere else on earth!
- Transfers from Palm Cove/Port Douglas/ Mossman
- Passionate local guide
- Guided interpretive rainforest walk
- Refreshing swim in the Mossman River*
- Afternoon tea along the walk
- All safety equipment
- Small groups – maximum 12
- BPA-free water bottle for the walk
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Child age is 3-14 inclusive
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Car seats available free of charge, for children under 7
Our family rate is based on 2 adults & 2 children up to 18 years
Tours departs daily from:
12.50pm – return 5.30pm
1.30pm – return 5.00pm
1.45pm – return 4.45pm
- No Tours run Christmas Day (25th Dec)
What to bring with you
- Enclosed walking shoes
- Swim wear and a towel
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Money for souvenirs
- Any personal medication
Mossman Gorge Explorer
$105 Adult | $85 Child | $350 Family of 4
Book direct and save
No credit card fees
No booking fee
Frequently Asked Questions
How difficult is the walk?
The great thing about the Mossman Gorge, is how accessible it is. Along the trail there are some steps, with most of the walk on flat ground.
Can I swim in the river?
The crystal-clear water in the Mossman River is perfect for enjoying a refreshing swim.
All of our guides are trained in river safety and will assess if the main river is safe to use on the day.
If the Main swimming area is not suitable, there is an impressive waterhole along the walking trail we can use.
Do we still run the tour if it is raining?
Yes, the rainforest loves the rain! We have umbrellas and rain jackets for your convenience.
If the rain becomes torrential, we may cancel the tour with a full refund provided.
Do I need to call to confirm my booking?
While not necessary, we appreciate if you call or email 24 hours before travel to confirm accommodation details and pick up time.
Do I need my voucher?
If you’ve booked the tour directly with Back Country Bliss, there is no need to bring any vouchers or confirmation emails. If the tour has been booked through a travel desk/Travel agent, please bring your voucher along with you to give to the guide.
- No refunds given for cancellations within 48 hours of tour departure.
- For cancellations 48-72 hours prior to departure, a 50% charge will be applied.
- Cancellations more than 72 hours (3 Days) prior to departure, will not be charged and refunded in full.
- Date changes are free of charge, but must be received by email or phone, 48 hours prior to tour departure.
- All changes are subject to availability and made at the discretion of the operator.
- Tours operate in the wind and rain and will only be cancelled in extreme conditions such as cyclones or severe storms; If the operator cancels, a full refund applies.
- All refunds are processed within 5 business days
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Minimum age of participation is 3 years old*
- As this tour is weather dependent, it may be cancelled in conditions of heavy rainfall or extreme weather. If this occurs, bookings can be placed on another date or full refunds will be provided.
- If you are not waiting at your pick-up point at the date and time specified in your booking, then you will forfeit 100% of the total price paid. At the discretion of Back Country Bliss Adventures, you may be able to reschedule for another day with an added rescheduling fee.
- Prices listed on the website supersede all previously advertised prices. Prices valid until 31/3/2020
Full terms and conditions can be found HERE